Prep time: 15 mins + marinating time for tofu. Active time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins.
1 block firm tofu cut in ¼” cubes
1 cup Eaton’s Chinatown Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Eaton’s Hot Pepper Sauce
1 tbsps. Arrowroot flour or cornstarch mixed to a paste with water
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cups baby bok choy or pak choy- chopped
1 large red sweet pepper – cut in strips
2 cups snow peas, trimmed
2 scallions stalks sliced thinly
1 stalk lemon grass, chopped finely (optional)
2 tbsps. Coconut or peanut oil
1 Tbsps. chopped cilantro
1.Combine the Soy Sauce with the hot pepper sauce. Divide in equal parts and reserve half of the sauce for cooking.
2. Marinate the tofu in the remaining sauce for 2 hours.
3. In a large frying pan or wok, saute the tofu in 1 tbl of the peanut oil over medium-high heat, turning once, for about 2 mins. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
4. Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the pan and saute the snowpeas until just tender, but still with some crunch. Add to the tofu.
5. Saute the pak choy, add to the tofu and snowpeas.
6. Add remaining oil to the pan, saute the sweet peppers and lemon grass, add to the bowl.
7. Pour the soy sauce and vegetable stock into the fry pan. Stir in the arrowroot mixture, while stirring, simmer until thickened.
8. Add the tofu and vegetables and heat through for a further 2 mins.
9. Garnish with cilantro and serve over noodles if desired.